Milk Chocolate Mince Pie Cookies
These are the perfect treat to indulge on during the Christmas period. Packed full of flavour, you will definitely be having more than one!
110g Unsalted butter
110g Caster sugar
110g Light brown sugar
50g Whole egg
260g Plain flour
225g Milk Chocolate (chopped)
3.5g Bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of Salt
1 Jar of Mincemeat ( I used the brandy mincemeat from Aldi)
Icing sugar for dusting
- Place the butter and both sugars in a kitchen aid bowl and mix for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg to the bowl and mix again. Make sure that you scrape the sides so that all of it is incorporated.
- Sieve in the flour and bicarbonate into the bowl then also add in the chopped chocolate. Place it on low mixing speed and mix until it forms a dough.
- Tip onto a bench and shape the dough into balls weighing between 30g-40g.
- Place these onto a lined baking tray and leave in the fridge covered for at least 1 hour.
- Once hardened up, using your thumb and index finger, create a well in the middle of the mincemeat to in.
- Place between 4-5 cookies on a baking tray making sure you leave enough room for them to spread slightly.
- Take your mincemeat and place a teaspoon of the mix in the well you created.
- Bake these at 170 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the tray and finish with a dusting of icing sugar and fresh orange zest.
These cookies will last a few days and will definitely be a treat to have on Christmas day with family and friends!